Lately it feels like everyone is running around like crazy trying to get everything done in no time. I know that this year has felt extra busy for us and i admit to having no balance in life when it comes to grad school,work,home and all the things in between. With a recent spike in anxiety I have been trying very hard to focus on taking care of myself and prioritizing this busy year.
Here are some things that are on my mind for maintaining our home and making it the sanctuary we need after our busy days.
* Keeping his and my favorite snacks in the house.
* Keeping a few quick and easy dinner choices around for those long days. A few go to salad toppings and a panini press can go a long way on a lazy night in :)
* Cozy blankets and pillows on the couch always make us feel relaxed after a busy day...Nothing is better than choosing a bit of Netflix with the Mr before we start all over the next day!
* Something that makes me feel better even when the house is a dump is to have our bathroom nice and sparkling clean. If i am tired or just have 5mins i wipe down the bathroom and always feel better!
* One big comfort and easy task to complete is making the bed! If you have nice sheets and a made bed you can't go wrong!
Well as schedules change and my skills in homemaking slowly progress i am sure this list will grow and change and as always it would be great to hear your tips and tricks for self-care, sanity , home-keeping etc when life gets busy so please share and enjoy!